Thursday 7 June 2012

Good Quacking to you all....


Welcome to Nofinch Quackbury. Those of you who know me will already be aware of the Ducks, Finches, Fruitbats, Unicorns and even the occasional Snurglehounds that live in my world. For those who don't know, Nofinch Quackbury is a village in the land of Quackonia. Many Duckage live happily there, on the whole, as long as they don't have any trouble (alas, it does happen!) from the Finches of Chirpit Tweeton. 


I spend much of my time in this alternative (or real?) universe, writing of and drawing  those characters who live in this world, and one purpose of this blog is to introduce you to my friends there.


The other purpose?  To introduce you to me, and the rest of my poetry. I write from experience, through the filter of my Christian faith, my background, my sense of humour .....I hope that the funny poems will brighten your day, that the poems of faith will strengthen or challenge yours, and that (perhaps closest to my heart) the poems that were born of pain and struggle will enable those going thtough similar things to find a voice, and to know they are not alone.


The site is, as you can see, a work in progress. On the right of this page you will find links to categories of my poetry. Please feel free to post comments at the end of the pages, either general thoughts or something about a specific poem. 


The Duckage thank you for visiting......


Ruth 

No comments:

Post a Comment